Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Roadside Rainbow

I took off for the hills looking for some to die for fall leaves shots.  When I got to the area that I expected to be prime I found I was a few days late.  Since the different species of trees change at different times, I expected to find one or another species perfect.  Alas not today.  I could have turned around dejected,  but, looking at the ground right below my car window,  there was a carpet of colorful leaves of every color native to the area.  Thats why I called the shot, Roadside Rainbow.  Since it was a damp shady part of the road, the colors held true for a longer period of time.  Granted some of the leaves are old and decomposing, but to look at all of the individual components of this image, it is quite interesting.  Who says fall leaves have to be hanging on the tree to make a beautiful image.  This type of shot would be an excellent wall paper because of its edge to edge consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment